Our family enjoys these moist, sweet muffins as an accompaniment to a hearty bowl of homemade vegetarian chilli. YUM!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, honey, eggs and salt. Mix in flour, cornmeal and baking powder; blend thoroughly. Stir in milk and corn. Pour or spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.